Sep 1, 2014

August's Top Five

Here we go.  August has come and gone like a flash.  It was a different kind of August this year.  We were minus one young man and there was very little humidity.  So yes, in many ways it felt different.

August was also a month of knee recovery, physical therapy, and a lot more work hours for me.  All good stuff, but left just little time to get to the beach, see family, and relax.  But here are the little details and special moments that caught my eye and got on "film".  I say "film" because getting it on "SD Card" just doesn't sound right, does it?


1.  The well placed weed.  The little path leading to the beach opens up to this view.  Beautiful, no?There's one very well placed flowering weed smack in the middle of miles of tumbled rock.  It's perfect there as I'm sure everyone who goes there must agree, because It's been left alone to bloom in its glory.



2.  Irresistible kids. These two little guys are new additions to the farm we frequent.  I have a thing about goats and these adorable babies are fueling my obsession.  These guys want to be petted and scratched and follow you bleating as you leave.  What do these goats say? "Take me home!" I dream.


3.  Local grown.  The  Farmer's Market has been open, but I haven't been able to go until the last weekend of August.  Going to it makes my day.  For one, I love supporting the family farms and businesses there, and two, they very often bring goats to ours.  Today I bought tomatoes, eggplant, and mozzarella.  Thinking of inventing my own gluten free eggplant lasagna today.


4.  More irresistible kids.  I buzzed up to see my sweet nieces get off their bus on their first day of school.  Full of smiles and hilarious chatter.  Although they are just a car ride away, I wish I lived closer.  They were so funny, I just had to document it on a scrapbook page using September's kit.




5.  Purple headed surprise.  This thistle sprung up quickly in my front yard.  I've never had a tall thistle on my property before and a run away seed must have made its home here.  I know they're invasive, but I'm keeping it because it just looks cool.  I've said that before with invasive plants that have sprung up on my property that eventually become out of control messes.  You'd think that I've learned my lesson?

have a great Labor Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!